When we have globus usually we feel like some food stuck in throat. But many of us don’t know what Globus and IBS actually are. Globus is a disease of feeling that is usually stuck in the throat. Many people feel the problem when swallowing. Many times it seems uncomfortable.
But when it comes to treatment, the first doctor also gives medicine for normal cold. But there is no chance to tell the doctor why or what it is. Even if you bring the list of drugs, you will still feel confused about whether it is a big problem or not.
And IBS is a combination of several symptoms of abdominal pain. In this disease, the stomach becomes more sensitive and becomes more active than usual. In the West, at least 10-15 out of every 100 people suffer from this disease. According to a study, 20 out of every 100 men and 28 out of every 100 women in Bangladesh are infected with the disease. The exact cause of the disease is not yet known. However, it is a disease of the oesophagus. Today we will discuss why did it feel like food stuck in throat during globus.
Why did it feel like food stuck in throat when you have globus?
The condition “food stuck in throat” is usually due to two reasons. The first is that the food in the stomach does not go down and its acid goes up or down, it is called reflux. It can happen day or night, with or without food. This happens in the larynx or throat reflux. Not all of them may have heartburn. There are some patients whose throat becomes worse, with difficulty swallowing and heartburn. These patients have a nasty cough and feel like a tumor in the throat. Some people say that there is something pressed in the throat or mucus is accumulated in the throat in such a way that you cannot clear the throat even with the help of phlegm. That’s why we feel food stuck in throat while having globus.
Globus pharyngitis is a condition in which the throat feels like a wheel or something seems to be pressing. It’s not actually cancer. These patients have to take treatment for some time. Many patients feel better after taking proton pump inhibitors or gastric medications. Those whose medicine does not work have to undergo NT reflux surgery. Eating habits need to be changed so that there is no reflux or heartburn. It is a symptom of laryngeal or throat reflux. Reflux means reverse flow. This is because the food does not go down or into the stomach but upside down. It can be day or night. If you have laryngeal and throat reflux, heartburn may not be felt. This is why it is called secret reflux.
It is not always a symptom of cancer. This anxiety increases the suffering of the patient. Such symptoms are called globus pharyngitis. Globus means a feeling of discomfort in the throat for which no tumor or cancer is responsible.
The main symptom is that the patient always thinks that something is stuck in his throat. Particularly it feels like food stuck in throat. It seems that saliva gets stuck in swallowing. Usually, there is no difficulty in eating anything. This means that the patient has difficulty swallowing saliva, but has no difficulty in eating or drinking anything. The biggest problem with this disease is that the patient thinks that he has any major disease or cancer. Many people who have acid in their stomach from the stomach up the oesophagus can also be a problem.
As a nose, ear and throat specialist, you need to look inside the throat, especially with the help of a mirror. This test can be done to see if there is cancer in the throat. Other tests can be done if needed. For example, fiber optic laryngoscopy through which everything inside the throat can be seen on a TV monitor.
When the nose, ears, throat are examined and nothing is found, the patient is assured that there is nothing wrong with the throat or cancer. This makes many patients better. In addition, those who suffer from high tension are given drugs to reduce tension. Moreover, those who have problems with acid or ulcers are given the necessary medicine. Hopefully, after this medication, you will never feel food stuck in throat again.
What is IBS or Irritable Bowel Syndrome?
IBS or Irritable Bowel Syndrome is basically a disease of the intestines. Which is organized as a result of dramatic changes in bowel or bowel movements and affects the IBS digestive system. People who suffer from IBS often suffer from indigestion. Even a few days ago, the number of IBS cases in Bangladesh was low. The reason for the low stay is that people had little idea about IBS. However, the number of victims has increased due to increasing awareness.
Although many people are now aware of how to control the disease, many do not know, this is my writing for them today. Know and adhere to the right information to stay healthy.
Causes of IBS or irritable bowel syndrome
- The exact cause of IBS or Irritable Bowel Syndrome is still unknown. Exactly what causes IBS is still a matter of research.
- However, IBS can occur at any time due to hereditary factors, mental depression or depression, infection, presence of extra bacteria in the small intestine, hormonal imbalance, food sensitivity, any type of liver problem, medicine, surgery, etc.
- There is a relationship of nervous weakness with IBS. Men and women and even children suffer from IBS. Women suffer more from this disease than men. Generally, people aged 18-35 suffer more from this problem.
- However, for those who are older and have IBS, this problem is more harmful. In most cases, people with IBS suffer from abdominal pain at various times from a very young age without any reason.
- Although IBS is very unpleasant and causes problems, the right lifestyle and foods that exacerbate the problems of IBS can make the problem of IBS disappear at some point.
Symptoms of IBS
IBS is basically a common lump disorder. Those who have problems with IBS suffer from the following problems.
- Changes in normal bowel movement, resulting in diarrhea or constipation.
- There is severe pain in the abdomen.
- Changes in stool color, size and density.
- Stomach bloating and abdominal cramps.
- Flatulence and stomach irritation.
- Stomach biting, belching.
- Vomiting, loss of appetite, very little stomach-filling, bad taste in the mouth.
- Frustration, exhaustion, fatigue.
- Sleep problems, muscle aches.
- Frequent urination pressure will increase.
- Decreased sexual ability and desire.
So if anyone has any of the above symptoms, see a doctor as soon as possible. Although no drug has been discovered to completely cure IBS. However, it is a tool to deal with the selection of the right diet according to the type of IBSA, as well as changes in one’s lifestyle and physical exercise. And in this case, a nutritionist can help you. So consult a nutritionist.
IBS diet or Irritable bowel syndrome diet
- Foods that contain high amounts of insoluble fiber or insoluble fiber (that is, those fibers that are insoluble in water) should be removed from your diet. If the problem is obvious, such foods should be removed from the diet if necessary until they are healthy. People who have IBS-related diarrhea, in most cases, have problems digesting those foods. They eat more of those foods. That is why they often suffer from diarrhea. Foods that contain insoluble fiber include whole grains, whole grains, wheat bran, nuts, cauliflower, potatoes, peas, and dark green vegetables, apples, pulses, avocados, strawberries, groundnuts.
- Any raw food should be avoided. Must eat well-cooked food. Salads and raw vegetables should be avoided.
- Unhealthy outside food should be avoided as much as possible. Emphasis should be placed on eating healthy home-made food.
- Refrain from cooking with excess oil and spices.
- Eliminate foods that contain sorbitol. Sorbitol is an alternative to sugar.
- People who have IBS related diarrhea may have diarrhea by eating milk or milk products. So do not eat milk or milk products on an empty stomach.
- Eating foods that contain gluten will cause diarrhea. Such as- wheat and food made with wheat. To avoid this, eat rice instead of bread.
- Sweet national food should be avoided.
- plenty of water. If necessary, saline should be eaten. This is because diarrhea causes the body to lose a lot of electrolytes.
- Chew food slowly and well.
Things you should follow when you have globus alongside Ibs
- Eat probiotic-rich foods regularly. Probiotics are a type of good bacteria that help keep the intestines and digestive system healthy. What, fell into thought? Where can I get probiotics? Yogurt is the easiest and cheapest source of probiotic power. However, eat sour yogurt instead of sweet yogurt. And yes, eat yogurt during the day. Eating yogurt at night can cause cough problems.
- Avoid gluten-rich foods. Especially those who have problems with gluten intolerance. Gluten-rich foods are any food made from wheat flour, bread, biscuits, cakes, etc. People who have diarrhea or indigestion after eating these foods should avoid these foods.
- Those who have problems eating milk and milk products, they should not eat milk and milk products on an empty stomach. Eat on a full stomach. Eat less. If there is still a problem, skip it and eat sour yogurt every day.
- Start a small amount of any new food. Gradually increase the amount, then there will be no problem. However, eating any new food in large quantities together will cause digestive problems. People who have IBS problems eat foods that they eat in small amounts, but at one time that food adapts to the body. As a result, eating those foods will not cause digestive problems.
- Exercise 45 minutes to 1 hour every day. There is no substitute for bowel health. People with IBS can walk, swim, cycle, treadmill, do abdominal exercises or jog. There are also some yoga poses that are effective in reducing IBS. Such as- Cat Pose, Wind, Relieving Pose, Cobra Pose. If you do yoga, you must seek the help of someone skilled to do it. If not, it will be the opposite.
- Try to get enough sleep, if you do not sleep well, there are other problems besides digestive problems.
- If you eat less of the foods that you have problems with, then you will not have too many problems.
Finally, Globus and IBS will not break down. Remember, you are not alone in suffering from IBS. Remember, you can live a 99.99% normal life by avoiding the activities that you do or the foods that you eat. The most important thing in IBS is to live a regular life and get the right food for you.
- What is Ibs syndrome?
IBS or Irritable Bowel Syndrome is basically a disease of the intestines. Which is organized as a result of dramatic changes in bowel or bowel movements and affects the IBS digestive system. People who suffer from IBS often suffer from indigestion. Even a few days ago, the number of IBS cases in Bangladesh was low. The reason for the low stay is that people had little idea about IB.
- What is the treatment of Ibs?
Currently, IBS treatment is symptomatic. Diarrhea-prone IBS (IBS-D), constipation-prone IBS-C and both symptoms (IBS-M) are treated accordingly. No single drug is completely effective in treating IBS. It is very important to change your eating habits. Milk and dairy foods increase the patient’s symptoms. So these should be avoided. While eating, notice which foods increase your symptoms, avoid them.
- Which sensation usually occurs during globus?
Globus is a disease of feeling that is usually stuck in the throat. Many people feel the problem when swallowing. Many times it seems uncomfortable.
- What is the treatment of globus?
When the nose, ears, throat are examined and nothing is found, the patient is assured that there is nothing wrong with the throat or cancer. This makes many patients better. In addition, those who suffer from high tension are given drugs to reduce tension. Moreover, those who have problems with acid or ulcers are given the necessary medicine.