If you have got a digital flat TV for your home, one of the important thing that you need to consider after your purchase is you need to decide if you want to mount it into your living room or other rooms. There are many things you need to consider when you decide to wall mount TV. For this, you can also take the help of the professionals who can guide you with appropriate ways to mount your TV. Mounting a TV properly is important because if you do not mount it properly, you might end up causing permanent damage to your TV. Therefore, here are some of the things you need to consider: –
- The first thing you need to consider is whether your walls can hold a television. The walls which are able to hold a television are comprised of studs which essentially refers to boards behind your walls that provide support to the overall frame. These studs not only protect and support the walls, but they also make it possible to hang your television. There are also some people who use drywall anchors to hang smaller pieces like painting or curtains.
- Another thing to consider is the size of the mount as there are different types of sizes available for mounting the TV. If you do not put the appropriate size of the mount, your TV might fall off. Therefore, you need to get an exact match anchor or other mounting devices.
- You also need to consider the environmental factors before you mount your TV. For this reason, you need to consider the external environmental factors that could impact your experience. So, you can consult with your professionals for the types and the measures to be taken while mounting your TV. For a better experience, you can also install a wireless subwoofer so that you can get a great entertainment experience with minimal setup.
How to mount a TV?
Here are some of the steps you can follow in case of TV wall mount: –
- Firstly, you need to decide where you want to position the TV. In this step, you need to view angles which are important for achieving the best picture quality. Most of the people like to mount their YV above a fireplace as it is one of the centre points of the room and is also a comfortable position to mount your TV. After you have decided the position of mounting your TV, the next thing is that you need to locate the wall studs by using a stud finder. While locating your studs, you need to move your stud finder across the wall till the time it finds a stud. After if does find the stud, you need to mark it with tape so that you can remember the position later on.
- After this step, you need to mark and drill your pilot holes, and these are holes that will help you to mount your screws. For this purpose, you can also hold the mount up to the wall and use a level in order to make sure that you get the holes straight. In order to mark the position, you can use a pencil to make marks so that you can drill holes in the marked areas and attach it to the wall after you attach the mounting bracket to the wall you need to hold the mount to the wall and drill the screws into the pilot holes that you have made in the first step.
- Next, you need to attach the mounting plate to the television, and for this, you need to remove the stand first and then locate the mounting plate to the holes back on the TV. Sometimes, these plates are covered with plastic, or they might have screws already in them. In such cases, you need to remove them and then proceed with this step. After this, you will have to attach the plate to the back of the TV and then mount your TV to the wall safely. While mounting the TV, you need to be careful as you might harm yourself and damage the TV as well. To complete this step successfully, you can line the mounting arm or the plate on the TV with the bracket on the wall and connect them safely. You can also consider following the manufacturer’s instructions as the steps for mounting the TV might vary based on the model of the television.
However, these were some of the important steps and things you need to consider while mounting a TV to your wall. If you still have confusion, do not try to mount it yourself and instead you can take help from professionals or consult companies such as Install Express. Such companies will analyze all the activities involved in TV mounting and then mount it safely.