Ace the SSC CGL Exam in First Attempt. The competition in the government sector is getting tougher with every passing year. SSC Exams are one of the sought after government exams. Aspirants appear for these exams to get into the government sector and enjoy the benefits provided.
Out of the exams that the Staff Selection Commission conducts, SSC CGL is the most preferred one due to the opportunities it provides, with respect to the salary and perks associated with the job. CGL Exam is conducted every year for recruitment into Group B And Group C posts.
SSC CGL salary varies from a minimum of Rs.18,000 to Rs.2,50,000 (including perks), based on different posts.
SSC CGL Exam Pattern & Syllabus
The CGL exam pattern for all tiers (I, II, III, IV) is as follows:
|SSC CGL Tier||Mode/Type||CGL Syllabus Topics|
|Tier I||Online, Multiple Choice questions||General Intelligence &, Reasoning, Quantitative Aptitude, General Awareness, English Comprehension|
|Tier II||Online, Multiple Choice questions||Quantitative aptitude, English Language & Comprehension, *Statistics, *General Studies- Finance & Economics|
|Tier III||Offline, Descriptive type- Hindi/English||Statistics, data analysis|
|Tier IV||Wherever applicable||Data Entry Speed Test, Computer Proficiency Test Document Verification|
The exam pattern for this exam is subjected to change from time to time. Aspirants should be updated with the pattern and syllabus on a regular basis to track their preparation in a smooth manner.
The following points should be kept in mind with respect to the exam pattern:
- Candidates can expect a deduction of 0.5 marks for each incorrect answer.
- Tier-II exam- Paper 3(Statistics) is for Junior Statistical Officer post, & Paper 4(Finance & Economics) is for Assistant Auditor & Assistant Accounts Officer post.
Tips to Ace the CGL Exam in the First exam
- Proper planning way ahead of the exam is the easiest way to start your journey towards achievement.
- Understanding the exam pattern and sorting topics based on difficulty or individual strengths.
- Collecting the right set of study material helps avoid confusion on the concept of the topics.
- Select the right set of books from the popular authors will pave the way for cracking the SSC CGL Exam in the first attempt.
- Develop modules and start preparation accordingly. Revise the concepts which seems a bit difficult.
- Practice mock tests to develop conceptual knowledge and improve your chances of clearing the exam.
- Speed and accuracy are crucial aspects of any competitive exam. Aspirants should work on these while preparation.
- Quantitative Aptitude and English sections are very important for the SSC Exam. Aspirants should practice them numerous times to inculcate confidence for the exam.
- Look for some stress busters in between preparation as “All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy”.