If you are bothered by Netgear router orange light, check out this post and find all possible basic and advanced solutions to resolve the issue. Read on.
What’s in the tutorial?
In this post, we will provide you with the troubleshooting tips for various different Netgear router orange light issues such as:
- Netgear router blinking orange internet light
- Netgear router orange light on the LAN port
- Blinking amber light after update
- Netgear Nighthawk router orange light
- The orange light on 1 out of 4 ports
- Netgear router orange power light
- The router shows an orange light for wired LAN port
- Netgear router orange light Ethernet
Now, let’s first understand when the Netgear WiFi range router’s light gets orange.
Get the Orange Light on Router?
A solid orange light indicates technical faults with your router. Here is a list of common reasons behind this issue:
An obsolete firmware version leads your router to show an orange LED light. So, access the Netgear router setup web page, navigate to the Firmware Update section and see if any new update is available.
Modem Connection Issue
In case your modem can’t connect to the router, restart your modem and router. Once done, try again to connect both of the devices with each other.
Improper Router Setup
A partial or faulty router setup may also lead you to blink orange light issue. For this, power-cycle your network hardware and log in to routerlogin.net to set up your WiFi router.
Fixed: Netgear Router Orange Light Issues
Let’s have a look at the solutions to fix the orange light issue:
Issue 1: Internet Orange Light on Router
Getting orange light on the internet LED? Here are the troubleshooting steps to follow:
- Turn off your modem and Netgear router.
- Wait for some time.
- After that, turn on your modem and then the router.
- Still, getting an orange internet LED? If so, then make a wired connection between your router and modem.
Issue 2: Ethernet Orange Light on Router
Here are the must-follow steps to resolve this issue:
- Place your router away from interference-creating devices such as microwave ovens, treadmills, mirrors, fish tanks, etc.
- Access the router login page and check for any router firmware updates. If there is any new firmware available, download that immediately.
Issue 3: Orange Light on Some Ports
Walkthrough the below-listed steps to get rid of this issue:
- Make sure that the Ethernet cable you use doesn’t have any cuts. If any, use a brand new cable instead of the worn-out one.
- Update your device’s adapters.
Issue 4: Router With a Solid Amber Power Light
Follow the instructions below to rectify this issue:
- Make sure the router is receiving proper power supply.
- Reset Your Netgear router to the default factory settings.
- Use the latest router firmware.
Issue 5: Orange Light on LAN Port
If your router’s LAN port is blinking amber, here are the troubleshooting tips to follow:
- Be sure that your WiFi and internet connections are working fine.
- On your PC, launch Device Manager.
- Go to the Power Management section.
- Uncheck the box that says, save power by turning off the unit.
Once done, you will see white or green LED lights on your router.
Issue 6: Flashing Amber Light After Firmware Update
You can resolve this error with a few troubleshooting tips and tricks mentioned below:
- Faulty and improper cable connections result in the blinking amber light. So, make sure that all the cable connections are proper and finger-tight.
- Chances are that you might have updated your router to a wrong firmware version. Log in to your router to check the firmware version.
- If routerlogin.net not working, use the default IP for login.
- Once logged in, navigate to the Firmware Update section.
- Click on the Check button.
- Now, a new page will appear telling you whether any new firmware version is available for your router or not.
- If available, update your router to the latest firmware right away.
That’s how you can get rid of Netgear router orange light issues. For more tips, stay tuned with us!